Significance Of English Language for Pre-schoolers
This article is all about Significance Of English Language for Pre-schoolers. So, you’ve come here to know why your child must learn English? First, why do we need languages? A language is merely needed to communicate with each other and it is one of the most important aspects of life, even animals need communication to an extent. Now, why English?
English Language and its Importance
English is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, the majority of the population has adequate English knowledge to at least communicate with people of foreign countries.
It is the official language in a large number of countries.
It is estimated that the number of people in the world that use in English to communicate on a regular basis is 2 billion!
Most countries have now embraced the English language as a common denominator in communication across a plethora of fields, from trade & finance to travel.
It is this widespread use that has defined it as one of the most influential languages in the world and as such many parents prefer their children learning
English as a second language. Many parents do not yet have a general awareness that promotes learning and English proficiency as part of the education of their children and still not valued as a necessity and ability that children should develop from its earliest days.
Young children learn languages easier than older ones and adults. Our human minds are just wired like this.
Many of the world’s top films, books and music are published and produced in English.
Therefore, by learning English you will have access to a great wealth of entertainment and will be able to have a greater cultural understanding. English has integrated itself into our very life.
English is also of vital importance to non-English speaking children when it comes to education.
Consider a situation where a teacher does not speak the child’s native language.
If both the teacher and student have no common language to communicate, then the child’s entire learning process breaks down.
It is a situation that can be further exasperated if the child’s parents do not speak English as well.
In the light of this, many parents will inevitably look for ways to teach themselves as well as their children English.
English is not just a fancy addition to brag about preschools, there are many scientific and social reasons for this.
Top Reasons for why English must be taught to Pre-schoolers
• Young children have the ability to learn foreign language accent-free, while older children, especially after the age of 10-12 will almost never learn to speak English without an accent.
• Being bilingual means having total control of two languages. Being bilingual makes them smarter.
• English is the most commonly spoken language in the world. One out of five people can speak or at least understand English!
• Increased job opportunities and higher salaries are proven outcomes to multi-language learning.
• Knowing English means they can understand and be understood almost everywhere in the world.
• A speaker of two languages can think up two or more phrases or words for each idea and object and can utilize this talent to sharpen personal creativity.
• Communicating in English can increase the earning power of individuals by 25%.
• English is the most-used language online, with nearly 1 billion users typing and chatting in the language.
• Whether it’s for fun or for work, if you can understand English, you’ll be able to communicate with more people online or use many more materials.
• Children who have the opportunity to pick up a second language while they are still young appear to use the same innate language-learning strategies throughout life when learning other languages. Picking up third, fourth, or even more languages is easier than picking up a second.
• Young children have more time to fit English into the daily programme. School programmes tend to be informal and children’s minds are not yet cluttered with facts to be stored and tested. They may have little or no homework and are less stressed by having to achieve set standards.
Don’t neglect this because it’s just a language. After all, you wouldn’t have made it till this line if you didn’t know English. In this article, you learned about Significance Of English Language for Pre-schoolers.
Looking for best preschool franchise in India?