Why are Pre-schools Important
In this article, we will guide you regarding why are pre-schools important. The most common misconception about preschools is that it’s just a way to help young children adapt to a school environment and pass the day while the parents can do other jobs rather than taking care of their child.
Preschools aren’t so simple because they deal with young children its all the more complicated, preschools are very effecting in shaping the all-around growth children.
Statistics show that a majority of kids attend at least one year of preschool: According to the National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER), more than two-thirds of 4-year-olds and more than 40 percent of 3-year-olds were enrolled in a preschool in 2005.
Children who attended high-quality preschool entered kindergarten with better pre-reading skills, richer vocabularies, and stronger basic math skills than those who did not.
The brain is forming important neural paths to help develop the child’s ability to perform and function and learn well. Children are able to learn at a rapid rate and want and need to learn new information.
Your child can benefit immensely when interacting with a quality preschool which is content rich with appropriate information and materials.
Young children learn social skills and emotional self-control in “real time.”
Three- and 4-year-olds learn through their experiences and good teachers make time for those “teachable moments” when they can help children learn to manage frustrations or anger.
They don’t automatically step in to resolve children’s conflicts for them; they have a well-honed sense of when to let children work out their own problems and when to intervene.
A highly structured environment helps young children learn to make friends and play well with others.
How Pre-schools plays a vital role in your kid’s Development
Preschools help in the social development of children and also help us stop any anomalies in their behavior, we can start to observe a lot about the child as they socialize and also shape their personalities for the better.
- Children get a lot more opportunities for building their creative minds through various crafty and artistic activities designed by preschool teachers.
- Children often don’t show their creative self at homes for fear of getting a scolding for the mess it might create.With no such fear at preschool, children should be able to explore the limits of their curious and imaginative minds.
- Preschool-age children’s language skills are nurtured in a “language-rich” environment.
- Between the ages of 3 and 5, a child’s vocabulary grows from 900 to 2,500 words, and his sentences become longer and more complex.
- In a conversational manner, and without dominating the discussion, teachers help children stretch their language skills by asking thought-provoking questions and introducing new vocabulary during science, art, snack time, and other activities.
- Children have many opportunities to sing, talk about favorite read-aloud books, and act out stories. Young children will learn letters and numbers in preschool, but at their own pace and through playing games.
- Preschool does not sit kids down and ‘teach’ them because that would be the wrong way to do it. Instead, they teach them through doing various kinds of activities your kids find interesting, like story-time, talking to the teachers about stars, playing with blocks, etc.
- A young child’s cognitive skills are strengthened by engaging in a wide range of hands-on activities that challenge her to observe closely, ask questions, test her ideas or solve a problem. However, teachers understand that preschool children are not logical in the adult sense of the word; their explanations of what makes a plant grow or why people get old, may not involve cause and effect.
- The activities at preschool are designed in such a manner that the kid learns a lot of basics while having a lot of fun with his peers.
- The singing activity introduces children to letters and alphabets; block counting introduces them to numbers; story time introduces them to sentence formation and language skills, and cooking introduces them to basic concepts of mathematics.
- The child can also get some exposure to biology and geology through nature walks, to colors and shapes through puzzles and finger painting activities.
Choose the right preschool for your child and watch as the foundation for your child’s future will be strengthened and made firm.
Give your children the best start in education to help them become the best in whatever they want using this footing.
In this article, you learned why are pre-schools important for your kids.
Looking for the best preschool in India?