7 Healthy Lunchbox Items for School Kids
It is quite difficult to please children in terms of food. It is important to make them like the food as well as the food should also contain an adequate amount of nutrition too. Therefore, packing a lunch box for your kids can be quite a challenge.
Here are few healthy lunchbox items for your little school going kids:
1- Bread Upma
- Cut the bread slices into bite-size squares. Slice the onion, green chilies and chop tomato.
- Heat a pan with oil. Fry onions till transparent and add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, salt and fry till tomatoes turn soft. Add turmeric and sambhar powder and stir well. Sprinkle some water.
- Add the bread pieces and mix/toss well. Add ghee, keep in low flame and cook for two minutes to see golden brown spots here and there in the bread pieces.
2- Indian Paneer Sandwich
- Butter the slices of bread
- Apply green chutney on the bread
- Cut the paneer into slices and place one slice of paneer per sandwich.
- Sprinkle some pepper and toast it.
3- Chapati Noodles
- Stack roti or chapati one above the other. …
- Heat oil in a pan. …
- Add the vegetables and saute again for a few minutes in a high flame.
- Add soya sauce, chili sauce, pepper powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add chapati strips and mix well.
- Add finely chopped spring onion, coriander leaves, mix well.
4- Masala Idli
- Add 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add cumin.
- Add finely chopped vegetables of your choice, sauté until soft.
- Add salt, red chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric.
- Cut leftover idlis into pieces and add them into the pan.
- Saute until mixed well.
5- Sindhi Koki
- Sieve flour, add salt, onions, anardana, cumin seeds, chopped green chilies, coriander leaves and oil. Mix well. Add some water and bring the dough together.
- Make parathas as usual.
6- Grilled Potato Sandwich
- Mash the boiled potatoes and add ginger, garlic, red chili powder, salt, coriander powder, coriander and lemon juice.
- Spread the potato mixture on bread and cover it with another slice of bread and grill it.
7- Cheesy Mini Uttapam
- Heat the dosa tawa and pour a ladle full of dosa/idli batter. Do not spread it.
- Add grated carrot and onions.
- Flip the uttapam and leave for few seconds. Again flip it and grate cheese over it. Leave till cheese melts.